Friday, June 15, 2012


On the fourth day on our adventure to Ecuador, we went to a butterfly sanctuary. We’re still in Mindo and still staying in an inn. Before we went to the butterfly sanctuary, we practiced taking pictures and working with depth of field by adjusting the aperture. I’m no longer clueless about all of the scientific stuff and I’m actually starting to get it. After, we went to lunch at a really good place. I had chicken, French fries, and rice and I literally ate everything on the plate except the bone. It was amazing. We then all went tubing in a river. In like the first minute of getting my bathing suit and life jacket and getting into the rapid river I almost broke rule number one. Don’t die. I might or might not have slipped and started to go down the river, but Sam got my lifejacket and helped me back up. It was an interesting start to tubing. The actual tubing itself was really fun, and also EXTREMELY cold. We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant and it was a good break from the interesting Ecuador food. We had 5 plates of pizza and the nine of us ate 38 8/9 slices of pizza. One of the pieces the leaders took and the 1/9 pizza fell on the ground. I ate 9 ½ slices, so I kind of carried the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment